Buckeye Balls are a >I’ll inform you how to make buckeyes and why they’re ideal for the holidays!
Buckeye Balls are one particular of the ideal desserts since it combines two of the best flavors with each other: peanut butter and chocolate. Peanut butter buckeyes are about as straightforward as it gets. Just a handful of elements and clean hands generate these tasty small no bake peanut butter balls that are great to set out throughout a vacation get together or to contain in a cookie tin. If you’re seeking for other vacation treat inspiration, be certain to scroll all the way down to see so numerous of my Christmas recipes from the previous few years.
Why are they named Buckeye Balls?
- Named for their resemblance to the nut of the Ohio buckeye tree, the state tree of Ohio, this candy is specifically well-known in Ohio and neighboring states.
- A buckeye, for those who need explanation, looks somewhat like a bloated chestnut.
- A lady who married a rabid Ohio State fan in 1964, whose thought of enjoyable was sitting in the rain and snow watching football games, was the particular person who produced these no bake peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate.
Did you know… The National Peanut Board estimates it requires about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter. That’s about 45 peanuts per ounce of peanut butter. If your household buys peanut butter in individuals massive forty-ounce mega-jars, every one of people jars will take a whopping one,800 peanuts to make! That’s your fun reality for the day! As you effectively know, I make a whole lot of food. Like, a whole lot. So significantly that my loved ones hardly ever even goes out to consume. That’s why I found it especially funny when the very first time I had heard of Buckeye Balls was when my sister-in-law informed me that she created them. I guess they’re wildly well-known and I’m not truly sharing something unique nowadays – just my model. Humorous, because we employed to eat something like this when we had been little ones. We known as it “peanut butter in a cup” and it was essentially peanut butter mixed with an obscene quantity of sugar. Basically, buckeye balls with out the chocolate. We utilised to put sugar on every little thing (cereal, grapefruit – you title it). That almost certainly explains my significant addiction I’ve been making an attempt to kick for the last 3 and a half decades. Anyway, these peanut-y treats took me back to my youth and who wouldn’t love peanut butter buckeyes?
How to make Buckeyes?
- Watch me and my son make these Buckeye Balls in the video below. This is certainly 1 of people recipes you can have your little ones assist with, even if you’re an overbearing kitchen control freak like myself. Let them have entertaining and then you can correct their odd shaped creations as soon as they go wash their hands!
- Be positive to include the confectioners’ sugar slowly so that you get the proper texture. You want it to be company enough to form a ball, but not too thick that it crumbles.
- Crunchy or smooth peanut butter will operate when creating buckeye peanut butter balls
- If you’re wondering how to roll, a good layer of butter on the palms of your hands prevents sticking
- Adding butter to the chocolate helps make it softer and less difficult to operate with. Be confident to heat it gradually at half energy and stir often to permit for even melting
- How to store buckeye balls? If they last extended ample to have leftovers, you can keep them in an airtight container at area temperature for about a week or in the freezer for a couple months.
Kitchen equipment used to make these Buckeye Balls:
Baking Sheet : I’ve been utilizing this a single for years. I enjoy that it’s produced in the USA, the sides are substantial adequate to preserve something from spilling more than, and it’s warp resistant.
Cookie Scoop – I suggest the 3-pack due to the fact you just never know how massive your craving is gonna be!
Glass nesting bowls : Every very good recipe calls for a excellent set of stackable nesting bowls. This is the set I bought and I love them! Properly made, excellent price, sturdy – ideal!